Andy Fishman CFP®
“I have always been passionate about helping people, and I feel like becoming a financial planner was a natural extension of that. Through this line of work, I am lucky to be able to help people work toward achieving their financial and personal goals — ultimately working to improve their quality of life.”
In 1995, Andy Fishman became a partner in the firm that would become Affiance Financial, and is now a managing partner. He has spent the last 25 plus years improving lives by helping individuals and business owners make smart financial decisions. In addition to providing financial planning, Andy offers estate planning, risk management, investment asset allocation strategies, and retirement planning services.
Andy belongs to the Financial Planning Association of Minnesota. He has appeared on KSTP’s Greater MSP Business with Cyndy Brucato, as well as a variety of industry/trade panels. In addition, Andy served on the board of local organization BestPrep for almost a decade. He played a critical role in launching their Financial Matters program, which aims to teach high school students financial literacy skills. He continues to be an active presenter today.
Before joining Affiance Financial, Andy worked abroad at Fortune 500 companies in Israel and Norway, and spent several years managing Airborne Express’s local and national accounts. Andy holds a bachelor’s degree in business finance from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management and a Master of Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas.
Get to know Andy—
- He and his wife, Barb, are the proud parents of four children.
- He enjoys cheering on the Gophers and the Timberwolves basketball teams.
- He stays active by playing golf and tennis.
- What I have Learned From My Clients
- Uncertain Times
- Helping Your Children Financially: How Much Is Too Much?
- Andy Fishman on KSTP’s Greater MSP Business
- ‘Investment Bias’ Hits the Press: Andy Fishman’s article published in AJW
- Investment Bias
- Steve and Andy on WCCO News!
- Art and Money: Andy Fishman Speaks