“Financial planning is a perfect combination aligning my passion for investing and financial markets with my desire to help people work toward their financial goals.”
Marc joined Affiance Financial in April, 2015. He helps clients work toward achieving their financial goals by developing financial plans and maintaining strategic investment portfolios. Marc is the Director of Trading, leads the financial planning department, and chairs the Affiance Financial investment committee where he helps lead the firm’s investment and asset allocation strategies. In addition, he also works closely with the Affiance team to support principal Andy Fishman.
Marc’s diverse career has included working as an equity strategist and an Internet analyst, as well as starting his own hedge fund. In addition, Marc volunteers as a member of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation Foundation Investment Committee and Beth El Synagogue Investment Committee. Marc holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and an undergraduate degree in computer science from Boston University.
Get to know Marc—
- He and his wife, Lisa, are the proud parents of four boys and a girl.
- His family keeps him active—fishing, biking, skiing, and rollerblading.
- He likes to read about investing.
- 2021 Mid-Year Investment Update Webinar Recording
- Summer 2021 Market Commentary
- Spring 2021 Market Commentary
- Winter 2021 Market Commentary
- Fall 2020 Market Commentary
- Summer 2020 Market Commentary
- Spring 2020 Market Commentary
- A Look Back at the Market Dislocations of my Lifetime
- 2020 Market Forecast Presentation Recording
- Fall 2019 Market Commentary
- Summer 2019 Market Commentary
- Spring 2019 Market Commentary
- Winter 2019 Market Commentary
- 2018 Market Forecast Recording
- Hurricanes Put Economy and Fed in Check
- 2017 Market Forecast Presentation
- Year-End Market Performance — What happened in the markets as 2016 came to a close?