Dan Lear CFP®, BFA™
“I believe that the four most important things in most people’s lives are family, health, career, and money, and as a financial planner I get to help with all four of those. I am able to help clients get the clarity they need so that all of these things can fall into place, helping to make their lives easier and simpler.”
Dan Lear is a Partner and Financial Planner at Affiance Financial. Dan works with clients throughout all stages of life – from accumulating wealth, to reaching retirement and beyond. Dan’s goal is for each client to reach Financial Independence, so that they have the flexibility to choose whether or not to work, without sacrificing their standard of living. In addition to providing comprehensive financial planning, Dan assists his clients with strategic investment management, risk management, estate and legacy planning, and more. As a financial planner, Dan aims to alleviate his clients’ financial stress so that they can concentrate on more important matters – spending time with their families, excelling at their careers, or traveling and enjoying their hobbies.
In addition to working with clients, Dan spends time educating young professionals on financial literacy. Dan understands that the choices people make early in their career can have a very strong impact on their future, and he enjoys getting people started on the right path.
Dan joined Affiance Financial in December 2014. He obtained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 2018. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Dan is held to the highest fiduciary standard, meaning that Dan must do what is best for his clients. Dan has served as a long-standing member of the Affiance Financial Investment Committee and Community Engagement Committee. Dan affirmed his commitment to his clients and Affiance Financial by becoming a Partner of the firm in 2022.
Dan graduated from the University of Kansas, where he studied Finance, but also Psychology, because he knows that financial planning is much more than just the numbers.
Get to know Dan—
- He got married in April, 2022 in Palm Springs, California to his wife, Amy.
- He is an avid college basketball fan and celebrated his first championship in 2022 with Kansas winning the NCAA Tournament.
- In his free time, he loves to play golf. His favorite course is Oak Ridge Country Club.
- Planning Your Legacy? Begin With the End in Mind.
- The Six Lessons You Need to Know From Morgan Housel’s Psychology of Money
- How Retirees Are Redefining the Retirement Life Stage
- Investing with Confidence in an Election Year
- Recency Bias During Uncertain Times
- The Smart Money Philosophy
- Hot Streaks — How Recency Bias can Affect Your Bracket and Your Portfolio
- WealthManagement.com: Nine Book Recommendations From Advisors to Get You to the End of Summer
- Finmasters: The #1 Money Question to Ask Before Marriage
- WealthManagement.com: The Most-Revealing Onboarding Questions Advisors Ask
- Wealth of Geeks: The Perils of Penny-Pinching: Navigating the Dark Side of Frugality