Kyle Berg CFP®, BFA™
“I have always enjoyed helping people problem solve. One of the things I enjoy the most is helping people establish goals and then work toward achieving them, both personally and financially. Being a financial planner I get a chance to know my clients on a very personal level and I believe this creates long-lasting relationships in the process.”
Kyle Berg is a Partner and Financial Planner at Affiance Financial. He offers clients guidance as they work toward achieving their financial goals. In addition to developing financial plans, Kyle offers investment strategies, retirement planning, risk management planning, and other services. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and BEHAVIORAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR™. Kyle is also a founding member of Affiance’s Financial Planning Department, which aims to constantly examine and elevate the firm’s Financial Planning services.
Kyle joined Affiance Financial as an Associate Financial Planner in October 2014 and became a Financial Planner in 2015. Kyle was part of an advisor team, supporting the clients of founding partners Steve Lear and Andy Fishman while studying for his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. In 2018, Kyle obtained his CFP® certification, and began to establish his own book of business. Kyle strengthened his commitment to his clients and Affiance Financial when he became a Partner in 2022.
Before joining Affiance Financial, Kyle worked as a licensed banker for Wells Fargo. He provided business and investment related services to the bank’s customers. Kyle attended Winona State University, where he studied public relations, political science, and athletic coaching.
Get to know Kyle—
- He and his wife, Kate, are the proud parents of three children.
- He played tight end for his college football team. And, he has coached high school football.
- On the weekends, you can find him visiting comedy clubs and exploring the local food scene.
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Four Simple Ways to Start Teaching Your Kids About Money
- Four Health Savings Account Benefits You Might Not Know
- Four Tips to Instill Mindful Spending in Your Kids
- Increased Cash Flow? Four Ways to Put Extra Money to Work.
- Financial Fundamentals – Buy or Lease your Car
- Childcare Costs and Schooling During The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Why Financial Advisors Have Financial Advisors
- Financial Planning Changes for 2020
- The SECURE Act, and what it might mean for you
- Financial Fundamentals – Estate Essentials
- Pay Yourself First
- Financial Fundamentals — Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Financial Fundamentals — Risk Tolerance vs. Risk Capacity
- Financial Fundamentals — Emergency Reserve
- Financial Planning Changes for 2019
- Is the FIRE Movement Right for You?
- Financial Fundamentals — Budgeting
- Rising Costs of Medicare — What to expect and what it means to you
- Budgeting In the Palm of Your Hand
- Common RMD Pitfalls